'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson -- Cause of Death ... Massive Overdose
Amanda Peterson-- who starred in "Can't Buy Me Love" died from an accidental overdose of a deadly combination of drugs.
The 43-year-old disappeared just before the 4th of July andher body was foundon July 5th.
According to the Weld County Coroner in Colorado, Peterson had a variety of prescription drugs in her system, including benzodizepines (anti-anxiety meds), opiates and phenothiazines (an anti-psychotic medication). She also had marijuana in her system.
One of the drugs in her system -- Gabapentin -- was prescribed for pain and the medical examiner said she had 6 times the normal level in her system.
The report says Peterson was "naive to opiates."
The toxicology report says a week before her death she told someone she ingested morphine medication she got from friends. The reports says she was self-medicating to control pain.
As for why she died, the report says it was because of a "morphine effect" ... which causes respiratory failure.
Cant Buy Me Love Star Amanda Peterson -- Cause of Death ... Massive Overdose